The Simply Fresh Newborn Workshop is a full, one day newborn posing workshop taught by Robin Hansen and Stephanie Schaefer. This workshop will be taught in a small, intimate group setting with no more than 6 workshop attendees. This class is geared to natural light photographers who are looking to enhance their newborn posing skills, perfect their straight out of camera images, and improve their post processing skills in Photoshop. Following a detailed workshop itinerary, we are able to show the key newborn session setups and poses, teach you the proper camera angles and in camera shooting skills, and cover our post processing techniques. This is not a hands-on posing workshop, however you will have the opportunity to shoot your own images from our setups with us guiding you along the way.
- styling and setting up for your session
- preparing parents for what to expect
- our basic workflow for each session
- beanbag posing, buckets, wraps, parent & sibling posing
- newborn soothing techniques
- custom white balance settings
- post processing
- question & answer
- attendees must be comfortable shooting in full manual mode, and have full understanding of aperture, shutter speed, ISO and how they work together.
- attendees must be a professional photographer who has been in business for at least 6 months. If you are not already registered and paying taxes, then you need to agree to take care of these legal requirements before class.
- attendees must live outside of a 60 mile radius from BOTH Lake Zurich, IL (60047) and Volo, IL (60073).
- a DSLR camera
- a 35 mm or 50 mm lens
- laptop for post processing is optional
- we will provide you with a posing guide for notes
The cost of $1000 includes:
- one jam-packed day full of learning – we will start at 8 AM and finish up around 5 PM
- breakfast, lunch and snacks will be provided
- printed posing guide complete with images, diagrams and plenty of space for notes
- immediate feedback and guidance on shots taken during workshop
- photographer goodie bag
- invitation to join a private Facebook group only for workshop attendees where we will provide continued support
A 50% deposit of $500 is required to hold your workshop spot. The remaining balance is due no later than 7 days before the workshop. Workshops are limited to 6 photographers.
We realize that there are many workshop choices for the photographer eager to learn more about the art of newborn photography, and we are committed to making Simply Fresh one that ranks up there among the best. We are two fun, hard working, and successful photographers determined to teach you everything we possibly can during the course of the workshop! Being former teachers, we understand the importance of continuing your education and plan to present the information in ways that are fun and easy to understand. In planning the workshop, we have filled the day to the brim and plan on utilizing every second to make this a very worthwhile investment on your part! There will be 3 newborn models, and after we teach you the keys to each pose, you will have the chance to take your own images of each pose. We will give immediate feedback on your camera settings and angles, and continue guiding you until we feel you have gotten the perfect SOOC image. After each newborn model, we will take a brief break to discuss the poses we just taught, have some snacks, and get ready for the next model. Also, while we are very similar in our styles and do many things the same way, we are two different people with two slightly different perspectives. You will get to pick both of our brains!
Plus, you won’t leave the workshop empty handed! We have created a detailed posing guide, full of pictures, diagrams, and information on how to perfect each of the poses taught at our workshop. You will get a hard copy of this guide to use for note taking, and to keep as a helpful resource! And, not to brag, but we have some of the BEST sponsors out there and are creating goodie bags that are just full of fun gifts for you to take home. It really is going to be a day full of fun and learning, and we would love for you to join us.
Please feel free to send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or submit a contact form if you have additional questions not answered here. To register for the workshop, click on the button below: